By Ming | March 3, 2017
OR use the following link:
The paper submission period is now open for prospective authors of ICVS2017 conference. Detailed style and formatting instructions can be found in the paper format section.
Each submission will be double-blindly peer-reviewed by at least three experts. This requires the paper to be anonymous so please follow carefully the instructions for the double-blind review.
A paper submission implies that, every author will agree with specific policies and if the paper is accepted, one of the authors, or a proxy, will present the paper at the conference. Submissions not using the Springer templates or disclosing identity of the authors will be rejected without review.
Deadline for paper submission:
April 15 April 25, 2017 (23:59 PM Pacific Time)
All accepted papers will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
The layout of the papers must be prepared according to the Instructions for the Preparation of Camera-Ready Contributions to LNCS Proceedings. Authors are asked to pay extra attention to these instructions. In addition to the Springer author instructions, authors should ensure that the submitted paper meets the following criteria:
- The paper must not exceed 10 pages in the LNCS format. Up to 4 additional pages are allowed with an extra cost of 50 euros per additional page. The font sizes must conform with the LNCS instructions.
- Document formats:
- PostScript, without encoding or condensation.
- Level 3 or 4 PDF without passwords or encryption.
- MS Word or other word processor formats will not be accepted.
- The fonts used must meet the following criteria:
- All fonts must be from the Latin 1 Fontset.
- Except for the 13 basic PostScript fonts (Times-Roman, Helvetica, Courrier, Symbol), every font used must be included.
- If possible, include only outline (Type 1 or TrueType) fonts, not bitmapped fonts.
Prepare for Double-Blind Review
All reviewing will be double blind, so the paper must not include any information, which allow the authors to be identified. Please consider in particular the following points to ensure a double blind reviewing process:
- Author name(s) should not appear in the paper (including the abstract):
- First, “Paper ID (the confirmation number)”, as allocated by Softconf.com website upon registration of the paper, must replace author names and affiliations.
- Eliminate references to your institutions, your sponsors, and your unpublished work.
- If you build on your own published work you should give the complete reference (including your name) but talk about this work as if it were somebody else’s.
- Always make clear what the contributions/differences are with respect to (your own and others’) prior work.
- All author names must be inserted into the online submission form.
- Delete author and institution information from document properties.
By submitting a manuscript to ICVS2017, the authors guarantee that it has not been previously published or accepted for publication in substantially similar form in an archival peer-reviewed forum. Furthermore, no paper which contains significant overlap with the contributions of this paper is either under review at the moment of submission or will be submitted during the ICVS2017 review period to any of the following: another conference, a workshop, or a journal. Note that a Technical Report (departmental, arXiv.org, etc.) that is disseminated without any form of direct peer-review is NOT considered a publication. The authors also attest that they did not submit substantially similar submissions to ICVS2017. Violation of any of these conditions will lead to rejection.
If there are papers that may appear to violate any of the above conditions, it is the authors’ responsibility to (1) cite these papers (preserving anonymity) and (2) argue in the body of your paper why your ICVS2017 paper is non-trivially different from these concurrent submissions.
Detailed submission instructions
Paper submission and review site:
If you have been invited to review for ICVS2017 and have agreed to review, please follow the reviewer login instructions. If you have not been invited to review for ICVS2017, you are not in the system. Please sign up as a new user. If you have generated an account and have forgotten your password, just click on “Reset your password”. Instructions will be emailed to you.
Update contact information:
At any time, you can edit your contact information (see item near the top left in the submission site). Don’t forget to click the “SUBMIT DATA” button to save the edited information.
Confirmation Number & Submission Passcode:
Once you have submitted your paper, you will be assigned a confirmation number and a submission passcode. You need to use the confirmation number as “Paper ID”, i.e. “Paper ID: your confirmation number”, to replace author names and affiliations for double-blind review, which may need a revision on your first submission. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us with your confirmation number in all correspondence. The passcode will be needed, if you want to revise your submission.
- The paper must be in PDF format only.
- Title of Submission, list of Authors and summary for your submission should be filled in the submission system.
- If your submission has co-authors, please make sure that you add them in the “Softconf.com” system properly. If your co-authors have created accounts, you should use “Add existing user” (auto-complete will appear) to add them. This will ensure that your co-authors can see your submission when they log in. If your co-authors havn’t create accounts in the system, you may use “Add Unregistered User” to enter their information.